Boy, this last week just zoomed by and can you believe it’s already August? I’m a little stunned at the speed with which this year is moving. Week 2 of our vacation has gone by and it was busy, busy, busy. This coming week is going to be even busier. This is what happens when you move away from somewhere you’ve lived long term- friends and family need to be visited, new babies (four of them!) need to be cuddled, favourite haunts and restaurants need to be revisited. I wouldn’t have it any other way, but I think we might need a vacation from our vacation by the time we’re done! As always, please follow me on Instagram to see what we’ve been up to!
This week, I wanted to share a few of my current favourite blogs from across the interwebs. If you don’t already use Bloglovin’, I highly recommends you start- it’s a great way of amalgamating all of your favourite blogs in one spot so you can keep up with new posts easily, and you can find some fabulous new blogs to follow too. Bonus!
I’ve discovered these current favourites through Bloglovin’, and of course, you can follow me too by clicking here. Let’s get to it, shall we?
1. Native Fox is the blog I turn to for high fashion inspiration. Jennifer Grace has an incredible sense of style. From her own Vogue-worthy wardrobe to travel, interiors, and exteriors, her blog is always such a sophisticated, visual treat.
2. Ghostparties is run by Kate and is a fantastic resource for all things makeup and skincare. I look forward to her product reviews and I’ve already made my list of new things to try! I love that she mixes drugstore and department store brands with luxe beauty products so there is something for everyone, no matter your budget or concern. Plus, her Instagram is really pretty too.
3. I just discovered A Pair and A Spare two nights ago during one of my late-night “read blogs while I nurse” sessions and I was hooked. Not only does Geneva have some great DIY fashion tips but I also really love reading about her blogging journey and words of wisdom in her Do What You Love section.
4. World of Wanderlust is the blog to follow if you’re yearning to get away. Brooke travels the world for a living (lucky girl!) and WoW covers everything from the best pastry shops in Paris to how to take better travel photos to the best things to do in Tasmania/Marrakesh/Poland/the world over! It’s a great blog to peruse with a cup of tea by your side and dream of adventures to come.
5. If you haven’t heard of Garance Doré, where have you been? Her photographs propelled street style stars to the forefront of fashion consciousness. She’s also a fantastic fashion illustrator. As inspirational as the fashion and beauty side of her blog are, what I love most about her is her “voice”- the posts where she talks about life and living resonate with me and it is such a pleasure to read her take on, well, everything! The letter she wrote to her 20 year old self is one of my favourite pieces of writing ever.
6. My Scandinavian Home is, as the name suggests, a blog that pays homage to Scandinavian design. Featuring the chic’est ineriors, I don’t think there’s a single home she’s featured that hasn’t made me want to pack my bags and move to Sweden stat. A must-read if you are interested in this style of iconic, clean and modern design.
I hope you enjoy these new blogs! Don’t forget to leave me a note and let me know if you’ve got any suggestions of your own.
Until next time,